One of the biggest takeaways this year has been the need to take proper precautions with the security of our data. With the instances of ransomware taking both business and personal files and data hostage, vigilance is key. We know we say it a lot, but the ways to keep safe are to take simple precautions!
- Don't download attachments you aren't expecting, especially from unknown senders.
- Create strong passwords and change them quarterly.
- Use password-protected wi-fi networks
- Windows updates
- Antivirus updates and scans
- Updates to other installed software such as browser, Java, Adobe flash, Adobe Reader
- Check system logs for errors that need to be addressed
- When applicable, verify that backups are current
- Optional upgrades include real-time* monitoring, managed anti-virus, and cloud backup.
We always like to remind our clients (or would be clients!) that there is no problem that is too small to ask about. Call us with any questions! We are always happy to help.
In 2018, Glospey Computers will be changing our business hours. Starting on January 2, our hours will be changing to Monday through Friday 9AM to 6PM. We will continue to provide 24/7 support; we are only reducing our regular hours.
Wishing everyone a Happy Holiday and a Happy New Year! Thank you to all for making our 2017 a great year and here’s to 2018!